- The personal information we collect and process about you
- The reasons and purposes for which we collect and process your personal data
- The grounds on which we process your personal data
- How we store and retain your personal data
- Who we may disclose your personal data to
- Who may process your personal data
- How to opt-out of marketing communications
- Links to other websites
- Our data security efforts
- Protections regarding children under the age of 13
- Your Rights
- Personal Information We Collect and Process:
When you reach out to Builddie, request a quote, sign up for any of our services or products, subscribe to our blog, and/or use our products and services, we collect data such as, but not limited to your name, address, email address, telephone number, information about your employer, form of employment, IP address, geographic location, operating system, length of visit and pages viewed. We may also collect personal data about you from third parties, such as information supplied by your employer, if you use our services as per a license obtained by your employer. We will seek information from your employer only after we establish a contractual relationship with your employer.
- We Collect and Process your Personal Data for the Purposes of:
- communicating with you;
- personalizing your experience;
- providing you access to our online products and/or applications;
- monitoring and improving your use of our website, services and products;
- improving and developing our product(s) and services; operating and ensuring the security of our websites, services and product(s);
- researching and collecting statistics; maintaining back-ups of our databases; record keeping;
- responding to legal requests from administrative or judicial authorities, in accordance with applicable law;
- protecting our rights and interests such as, but not limited to obtaining and maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks or obtaining professional advice.
- Legal Basis for Processing your Personal Data
We will generally process your personal data on either one of the following legal basis and such basis will depend on why the information is being collected and the specific context in which it is collected:
- Your prior consent: where you have provided your consent for us to process your personal data.
- Perform a contract with you or take the steps, at your request, to perform such a contract.
- When collecting personal information from you, we will make it known whether it is mandatory to provide such information or not.
- Protect the “legitimate interest” such as, protecting against risk and protecting third party interests.
- Data Storage and Retention
Data shall be stored in different places including in our IT system (including email and our databases), and with our hosting partners. All data, including stored data, will be encrypted and transferred securely.
We use third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage and related technology required to run our services. Although Builddie owns the code, databases, and all rights to the Builddie applications, you retain all rights to your data.
Access to applications and sets of data require two-factor authentication. Firewall and antivirus/malware software are deployed.
We have data retention, destruction and breach policies and procedures in place. We also have personal data removal capabilities in place.
Unless we have an ongoing legitimate business need to process your information, we will securely store it and delete or anonymize it, when possible.
- Third Party Disclosures
We may disclose your personal information to:
- subcontractors or suppliers: if it is necessary in the performance of a contract between Builddie and you/your company;
- law enforcement or a regulatory body: in the course of obtaining a license or in matters involving fraud detection and prevention;
- insurers: in order to obtain and maintain insurance coverage;
- professional advisers: to seek professional advice or defend against a legal claim in or out of court;
- potential acquirers and other stakeholders in the event of a merger, legal restructuring operation such as, acquisition, joint venture, assignment, spin-off or divestitures in order to continue to provide our services;
- other third parties, in which case you will be duly notified.
We may also share anonymous data with third parties for purposes, including but not limited to, research, marketing and analytics, provided that that information does not identify an individual.
In the event of disclosure of your personal data to third parties, we will require that they process and comply with the data protection laws and procedures as stated in this policy and implement appropriate security measures to safeguard your personal data.
- Communications from Builddie
We periodically send marketing communications, such as newsletters, blog posts, services and/or applications we think you might be interested in, to you via email. If you would like us to limit or stop these marketing communications with you, please contact us.
- International Data Transfer
Builddie is based in the U.S. We may transfer personal information to contractors and/or suppliers in the United States and in other countries, that may be outside your jurisdiction, for storage and processing in order to provide some of our content, services, product(s), and/or application(s). These countries may not have data protection laws that are as comprehensive as those in your jurisdiction. Your use of our site(s), service(s), platform(s), and/or application(s) constitutes your consent to the transfer, processing, sharing and storing of your information in the U.S. and other jurisdictions. We take the privacy of your personal data seriously and will take the appropriate steps to protect your personal information in accordance with this policy and applicable law wherever the data is processed.
- Links to Other Websites
Our site(s), service(s), platform(s), and/or application(s) may contain links to non-Builddie sites. These links are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Builddie of the site and we do not accept any responsibility for its accuracy, appropriateness, and legality. Please read those website privacy policies and procedures.
- Data Security
Under no circumstances shall we be liable for any incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages that result from such an incident, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. The aforementioned limitation of liability shall apply whether in an action at law, including but not limited to contract, negligence, or other tortious action; or an action in equity, even if an authorized representative of Builddie has been advised of or should have knowledge of the possibility of such damages.
- Protection of Personal Information of Children Under the Age of 13
We do not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 nor do we knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose such information. If you are under the age of 13, please do not disclose personal data about yourself to us. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA) and other regulations under United States federal law protect the privacy of children online. If you are a parent or guardian who finds that your child under the age of 13 has submitted their personally identifiable information without your permission or consent, you may make a request to remove the information and we will make reasonable efforts to remove such information. Please see the Contact Us section below on how to contact us.
- Your Rights
European Economic Area (EEA):
If you are located in the European Economic Area (EEA) and are accessing our site(s), services, platform(s) and/or application(s) from anywhere in this region, you may have the following rights under applicable law with respect to your personal information we process. These rights include the right to:
- withdraw consent to the processing of your personal data, at any time, where we have collected and processed your personal data with your consent;
- access the data that we have collected about you;
- request that we rectify personal data that is incomplete, obsolete or incorrect and/or erase your information in circumstances as set forth by applicable law;
- request that we restrict the way we use your personal data under circumstances as set forth by applicable law;
- request that we stop processing your personal data where we have collected and processed your personal data for a legitimate interest;
- request that we transfer your data to you or to a third-party in circumstances as set forth by applicable law;
- file a complaint with a data protection authority in the EEA regarding the processing of your personal data.
- California Residents:
California law allows California resident users to request and obtain certain information about the list of unaffiliated third parties, if any, to whom we have disclosed your personal data for direct marketing purposes, as defined under applicable California law. The law also allows residents to request and obtain the type of information disclosed to these parties, as defined under applicable California law. We do not disclose personal information to unaffiliated third parties for these purposes.
To submit a request to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.
- Governing Law
- Contact Us